Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fair

Oh the Van Wert County Fair. What can I say. For me it was a ton of great memories. When I was little it was rides and cotton candy. Then I got a little bigger it was Junior Fair Board meetings and responsbilities, or working the almond/ fudget booth for spare cash. Next came spending time back at the barns and campers, drinking away the evenings. Now I am one of those parents. Tired, angry, annoyed...taking their kiddos around hoping to let them have a little fun. It actually wasn't horrible this year. We met Bri and her kiddos on Sunday right when it opened. Lines were short, kids weren't too cranky and we got some major time in...
 

Gweny always starts off unsure, no matter what we are doing. So at first she didn't want anything to do with any rides. I accidentally thought she could handle the dragon rollacoaster which resulted in a breakdown and needing to convince her to start riding other ones again. She did eventually get the hand of it and I might just say she had fun.





The whole gang, waiting their turn. I must say I look forward to many, MANY more hours with these kiddos once we move back.


Bri rode with Mya, brave soul. I tried it and barely fit my darn legs in.


We went that afternoon to meet puppy Lexi, I wanted the girls to see her and get to know her. So Gweny decided she didn't need a nap. BAD IDEA. Thank goodness for grandma and paw paw because she stayed home while I took Hadley back to the fair. I can't believe I ever thought one kid was challenging. It was a blast only managing her...and I think she had fun :) She rode rides until after 9.
 

No comments: