Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh the Struggles

So Hadley is better, and this is quite a relief to say. She has pretty much been sick since last August, between the ear infections until tubes in January then all this respiratory junk since February. Well suddenly she is back and she is a trip! This girl is all about standing...anywhere as much as she can. She has decided to start attempting to get from sitting to tummy and now LOVES tummy time. It's insane the progress in moving she has made in the past week. She never ceases to amaze us. We are so lucky she is still somewhat sleepy and taking evening naps because Mark and I are under the weather and napping away the evenings now. We both have sinus infections and me an ear infection (like I'm ten again). I have TONS more sympathy for Hadley now as the ear infection is terrible, painful, and just plain annoying. To have double infections for months on end...I really can't imagine how she was so good through it all.

Mark and I have been talking about some of Hadley's little things she does that make me realize she does come from me as she looks ONLY like her father. She loves to rub her feet while she falls asleep which I have always done. She also smacks her mouth before she gets to eat something real good which my husband swears up and down I do but I am still not sure I believe him. Those are two things that I know she doesn't observe me really doing, but she just does them. That amazes me, and makes me feel so close to her.

In our nightly discussions we have also started throwing around baby names. Everytime we think we have the boy figured out we just can't decide. Our girl will be Gwenyth (Gweni) so sophisticated I think but the boy has been Rhenn, Bren, Archer, Oliver...we are everywhere on that one. I am hoping that means we are in fact having a boy so that someone can protect my baby Hadley!! But if it's a girl we are ready with Gwenyth Marie.

I plan to post her birthday cake pictures tonight as that continues to get postponed.

No comments: