Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Challenging Day

So I know every mom has had that day when you really just wonder how you're going to make it to bed time, honestly?!?! Yesterday was totally that day for our family. I went to work with the intention of getting doctors appointments for the girls because of their various concerns which I'll share later. I of course had some pretty severe ear pain but I mean, that wasn't priority (Moms follow me!). So I got them a five o'clock appointment and at 3:00 that afternoon I almost couldn't hear, move my jaw, or swallow and at that point I realized I REALLY needed to call the doctor. So I called and got in at 3:30. Then the whirlwind begins.

I have swimmers ear?!?!?!?!?!? No clue how it came about but it's resulted in ear drops and an oral antibiotic for the next ten days also if there is no resolve its to the ENT for me?!?!?!? HONESTLY??

Next I run to grab the girls and head for their appointment. BRUTAL. We started with Hadley, who went for a scratch on her diaper line on her backside that had turned bad, very bad. It had some pus on it and was INCREDIBLY red over the weekend, so bad she would grab her backside and say "owwwwweeeeeee, my back mama." Nothing worse than that. I do have to say I was putting neosporin on it for the past week with no change. Bless her heart they had to extract some major amounts of pus and she just laid on her belly SWEATING like crazy and asking for her uh-oh (pacifier). Luckily we had one, she took it and just whimpered will they continued to milk this wound for about 5 minutes and three sheets of gauze (HORRIBLE?!?!?!) Then on top of it she was fused again (in her girlie parts) so we had to turn her over and deal with that. GOODNESS. Her situation has required both and oral antibiotic and a cream for the next ten days. Hadley and I were both sweating when all was said in done then her sissy got up there and Hadley says, "down mama. Sissy okay? It's okay sissy, it's okay." When did she grow up so much????????

Then comes little Ms Gweny who now has FOUR TEETH!!!!! Those two top teeth have made there way through officially on Sunday. Of course, as always she has a double ear infection. With smooth talking I was able to convince them to write a script for the next 32 days (her surgery is scheduled for 6/4!)

So next Mark takes the girls home and I spend an hour at CVS waiting patiently to get all five scripts and drop a small fortune after $60 worth of copays. UGH. THEN we are all at home and Mark says..."it feels like a marble is in the back of my throat." THE ONLY PERSON NOT ON ANTIBIOTICS?!

We survived the evening, thank goodness but my girls (well all the Goins girls) still aren't back on track completely, but I have full faith we will be in time for our family vacation!!!!!!

These two pics are precious. The first is Hadley's version of helping (aka got free and touched the paint while wet!!!!!!)

Last is my FAVORITE. Two peas in a pod, watching gabgab and looking way to cute!




2 comments:

Trina said...

Goodness!! Take care all of you Goins girls, I hope you 3 start feeling better soon. Let Mark baby all of you this week. Swimmers ear?? Realy? What surgery is Gwenny having? Tubes?

Hugs & kisses to you all.
Love you guys.
Trina

Bridget and Cyle said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm feelin for you! I do HATE those days...I've had a few myself! But we always seem to get through them...stay tough! xoxo :-)