Sunday, May 2, 2010

The New House

So we have been sooooooo busy. This weekend we had a paint party (we called it a party but there was nothing "party" like about it). On Friday night Mark & I went over to start painting which was a disaster because the girls were with us which meant utter chaos?! We tried so hard but only got our bedroom and Hads room painted. We also managed to have a window come off track and blow in resulting in shattering which was STELLAR, but I rigged a great trashbag/duct tape fix!!! Saturday we had a family party and cirque de soleil which was GREAT.

First thing this morning we picked up the girls and headed for a 10 hour marathon. Thank goodness for helpful family members : ) James came over till Mandie was done with church and they busted out Gweny's bedroom, the kitchen and our master bath quick as could be. Then Mandie helped entertain the girls and we got the rest done (well the first coat?!?!?!?!??!!). I forgot how much work goes into a house. There's still a lot to get accomplished- painting cabinets in kitchen, painting all the doors, second coat of everything thus far, new counter top and new kitchen floor....that's the required before we move but we also have some basement work (painting the floors, fixing a leak....ugh). In the end this is going to be worth it but how much my body aches right now I'm wondering. Luckily my girls were so good, dealing with a new place and confined spaces (yes I did have them in pack and plays sometimes!!!!!!). Oh, and I almost forgot the much needed milkshake break provided by Grandpa Goins!

Here's how it looks so far, please remember it's on a cell phone camera so the colors aren't as "vibrant" as they are in real life!


Main bath, it's a beige color.



This is the dinning room which is a part of the living room and it has a slightly darker green to provide a contrast...notice the BEAUTIFUL chandelier (HAHAH?!)



This is the living room, it's more of a light olive green...it does look kind of like pea green in this pic ha!



This is the kitchen, the color is a creamy brown...me like!



This is how the girls helped, remained on the rug and watched GabGab OVER and OVER and OVER!



This is Gweny's room, the color is a pale purple/pink, it's called Soft Heather and I LOVE IT. I plan to put up a mural in a darker purple but that will happen after we live there...



This is our room. The color is a chocolate grey that's called PUDDLE. It is so "mature" as I tell Mark.



Last is our bathroom, yes, we HAVE OUR OWN BATHROOM!!!!!!!!!! I've always wanted a red bathroom and well, here is is. The color is "daredevil!"

I don't know what happened to the picture of Hadley's room, but it's sky blue- the color of Todee for those that know Yo Gabba Gabba. Hadley runs in today and says "Grrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen." I said, oh MAN?!?! It matches her sheets and Yo Gabba Gabba theme perfectly. We may put a mural in chaulk paint, but well it depends on my exhausted level if we aim for #3 once we move in (NO GUARANTEES!!!!)

No comments: