Sunday, August 1, 2010

With Summer Comes Lots To Do

It seems like every time it hits May our weekends become booked solid, of course in the best way with friends and family!!!!! Throughout all this chaos we made the decision to remodel Uncle Rays and move from our old house, then have to prepare the old house for market. Holy work is all I can say. We almost have the old house prepped for market, it really never seemed so dirty when we lived there????????? Everyone keeps asking how I like the new place. So last month- about mid-June I took some pictures around the house of my likes and dislikes. Lots has changed and or gotten fixed in the past month, so you will get the whole story.



Fun new window decorations/ blinds whatever you'd like to call them. They are a nice accent to the room!



Totes all over my house. This THANK GOODNESS has changed. I got out things I need/ use regularly and the rest are in the basement. The upstairs is tote free like a normal house, but I can't talk about the basement nor will there be any pictures.



Blank walls. These are still the same because we don't want to put tons of holes in the walls. We will see how long this lasts because right now it's killing me...



This is my box of decorations :(, like I said VERY hard to leave the box there. I did hang the wreath and put up the sign on my dresser in the room so it feels a little like a home!!!



I can't begin to describe HOW MUCH I LOVE these DOORS! Mom and I spent an entire weekend painting all doors in this house white and made did it make a HUGE difference in the house. Also, on a complete girlie note, let's talk about the size of these closets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go from a small one door four closets this size. I have all my clothes organized in appropriate rooms and space on the shelves, which I'm sure over time will fill but so nice to see now!!



This is of course my master piece room. Hadley's Yo Gabba Gabba room. She loves it!! First time she saw her curtains she said gabgab blankie (they were in a pile on the floor). Thank you IKEA!!!! This girl is too much. We just ordered a Yo Gabba Gabba wall cling which will complete the room!!! Next step for her is to bring the twin bed from the old house because she is getting so grown up.



My dream come true. A red Master Bath. The red part is great plus a master bath, this is new for us :)



I'm quite fond of this tile work around the sink because I picked it out and did it myself. Remember this was a while ago, it's actually clean now!



Even better, the girls have their own bathroom....own bathtub which actually allows the toy rack to stay in place- HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!



Oh, these BEAUTIFUL hardwood floors. Twelve straight hours of work made these babies shine. Mark and I re-did these ourselves and it makes me so proud we can take on challenges like these and they actually turn out okay!!



So one might say, what a down fall a stove top straight from the 70/80s. Dude this stove top is NO JOKE. It boils water in like 90 seconds, for real. GE knew what they were doing back then, this is HIGH quality!



This is Mark's baby. The backsplash. After way too much time in the tile aisle this is what we came up with and man does it look great. Initially the grout didn't come off and there was a constant haze, but my hubbie took a whole day and sanded it off then glazed it and now I have a gorgeous backsplash!



Another of my favorites. My blue cabinets. A whole weekend was dedicated to these babies and the adventure of finding new hinges and handles. All and all it was worth it, but EXHAUSTING!!!!

The greatest fix of all in the last two months happened JUST last week. We got new windows. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Our air conditioner barely runs now, it's so quiet, and I actually feel safe because they have locks- how crazy!?!?! We are truly blessed with these house and I will feel even more blessed when my old house is gone and I don't have a to make that payment every month.

No comments: