Sunday, October 23, 2011

Party #2 for the TWO Year Old :)

After a crazy whirlwind on Monday we came back to do a party on Tuesday after work (her actual birthday). Mark and I woke her up singing Happy Birthday, I can't say she enjoyed it as much as we did!
She wore her new ladybug shirt and skinny girl jeans for the day, before coming home and changing into her special birthday tee: "Happy Birthday to me..." We had Mark's family and a few friends come over for the festivities...lots of toddlers bouncing around in the back yard. Lilly going in the house, Carter recovering from the step down and Gweny being cuddled by Miss Holly as I'm sure she gets often during the day.

 Mark was so proud of this lady bug cake. I bought the cake pan and he went away with the decorating...it sort of looks like a lady bug :) At least Gweny thought so when she yelled, "buuug."


 She did a little bit better at this party with people singing to her than she did at the day before, maybe she had a clue it was coming this time!


 Gweny was a little fearful of the candles- hott, hottt she said so Hadley stepped up and took over...


While I was busy dishing up cake for everyone Gweny some how got a piece for herself and had fun eating it solo with no adults around...except those encouraging and taking pictures (Grandparents?!)


And a mess was created.


Who me?


Looking innocent...


But definitely guilty...


Yet going for more...


Next was the presents, chaos at its finest. She got soooo many wonderful things. Some days I am taken back by how many people love my crazy kids. I often just see what their bad behaviors are but I don't always get to see their interactions with friends and family. The ones that would fill my heart with joy. They are two loved and cherished girls.


My girlfriend got her a radio that she can sing along to the princess songs. Granted its perfect for Gweny she is into singing all of a sudden (more of a continuous yell) but it doesn't have a volume control....paybacks will be given (her son is 5 months younger than Gweny and I do my best to find the LOUD toys for her!!!!)


She loves to attempt to clean so Mark and I got her a broom and mop set, which turned into a horrible idea after the party because Hadley and Gweny have been using them as swords...needless to say they are in the closet until we get a little bit bigger and understand the purpose...


Last was the present from Grandpa and Uncle Wyatt. A crazy ramp with lots of cars...they loved it and still play with it every night...of course they haven't learned that it takes batteries and makes even more sounds quite yet (till Pawpaw comes in town and figures it out)


Hadley was determined to wear Gweny's princess shirts that she got for her birthday, with the matching princess glasses....what a diva.

No comments: