Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Utterflyyyy"

As Hadley says we went to see the "Utterflys" which were from Japan on display at Crohns Conservatory. Kelly, or "Kellllly," as Hadley says wanted to go with my crazy daughters!!!!!



Pretty butterflies in the outside tent before going into the greenhouse.



Going through the cactus room we were adjusting to the humidity and looking forward to the upcoming exhibit. Hadley of course grabbed only one cactus and it didn't have needles.



Clueless Gweny, just kept chewing on the program, ending up with blue all over her face!



Gweny just chilling.



They would land ANYWHERE and certain colors or fabrics seemed to attract them, one landed on me as we were about to leave and Hadley loved it.



This tree looked like it was alive there were so many butterflies flocking toward the fruit (oranges or something). It's hard to see here but was so crazy.



Of course my girls have no ability to focus, they did come from Mark, so I got one with Gweny....then when I finally got Hadley this is what we got...



And she was diving after a weed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



They really loved our stroller once Gweny was out. This butterfly had a crazy bright blue pattern you could see when it was in flight. I tried so hard to catch it on camera and almost tripped so I gave up!! Of course the only butterfly that landed on Gwenyth flew away before I could even get my camera up but it was in her hair like a cute little bow.



Just a random shot.



As we were leaving a girl handed Hadley a butterfly on the fake flowers they give you to "catch them." Hadley of course grabs the butterfly resulting in gasps from the crowds and the butterfly taking off...



No comments: