Sunday, June 6, 2010

We're not still there...

What a whirlwind we have survived?!?! The past two weeks have been utter chaos. Just two weeks ago Mark and I were working 12-14 hour days completing finishing touches on Uncle Rays old place in hopes to move over Memorial day weekend. WHICH WE DID!!!!! So thanks to great family (Mark's watching the babies & mine plus James doing the moving), we survived. BARELY. Two full loads in a 26 foot truck, how did we accumulate so MUCH STUFF??? Mark said he's never moving again, I said just one more time!! It's crazy, the girls went away for the weekend and came home to a new place and didn't even skip a beat. I'm crying thinking about never going back to the home I brought my babies to when we left the hospital. Their rooms, their scratches on the walls, the overall scent of that house- I miss it. Still feels like I'm on a vacation with new smells and sounds at this house. The biggest adjustement for Hadley has been the hardwood floors hahahahahahaha. She slips like crazy and is adjusting to NO SOCKS ever because it's just chaos at that point- like a girl on ice!!! I just keep reminding my self this is all to get back home, where my heart is (so corney!)

This week has consisted of unpacking, rearranging, unpacking, and cleaning. Also, cleaning the old house, bringing the odds and ends, and meeting with the realtor. Are you tired yet because I sure am?? To add to the chaos that we call our life, Mark took a bed post to the chin resulting in an infection which had his jaw, lip, tongue and chin so swollen he couldn't talk so he was off work for two days. Gweny had nine month check up on Thursday with her surgery on Friday. Nine month check up went well. She's 28 3/4 inches (97th percentile) and 20 lbs 1 oz (80th percentile). Continues to hold her own my Gweny?!! She's hitting all her milestones for the most part, a fuzz behind on her verbal but they say that's common with ears and the second child (we are over obervant after Hadley slipped behind).

On to her surgery, let's just say LIKE A CHAMP. She had her last bottle on Thursday night at about 9, slept thru the night and remained foodless until 10:15 and did so easily, no fussing at all. She didn't cry before, during according to the nurses (the anesthesia part), nor after. She's such a little trooper my Gweny! Now the last two days, she's had a rough go but I'm not sure what her story is. Just fussy, up most the night last night- just my luck!! If she's not better tomorrow it's back to the surgeons office for a quick peek.

These pictures are just some of the silliness that happened at our old house regularly, tear- but it will happen here too : ) . Hadley refusing to get dressed, my girls being naked, Hadley plugging her ears, putting silly hats on sissy on and on...

















No comments: