Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall Festivities

Prior to Halloween Mark's friend has us downtown to his gallery to do a pumpkin carving with the crazy kiddos. The gallery actually just took about 25 of Mark's pieces to sell on consignment...my husband, the woodturning artist. We are so proud of him, he has been down there a few times to meet people during open hours and get his work and name out there. Apparently he is really good at what he does.
 The website for the gallery is under construction but here is the link...eventually it will be up and running again: http://cincyworkshop.com/


Basically Mark and I carved pumpkins and the girls stabbed the pumpkins, ate snacks or played with the other kids.




The pumpkins were supposed to be a G and an H but Mark got a little crazy and went out of bounds...


 A couple of nights later it was time for the big night...with my matching ladybugs :)

Hadley would run up and say "trick or treat," then sprint away yelling "mooooore candy." Next Gweny would stroll up. Say "pease. thanx. and bye bye." They were the perfect combo. I figured  we would last maybe an hour (okay maybe I hoped that was all because me and my big ol' belly weren't gonna last long). Luckily Uncle James and Aunt Mandie came along to help carry :) We made it the full two hours...
What Mommy?


Let's Trick or Treat already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 Started out happy and in the wagon!



Ended on shoulders :)




Last was going through the goods....trying to sneak as many pieces as they could while we were distracted...



 Good Stuff, which I'm sure will last waaaaay to long. But as Hadley reminds us frequently, "I sure love candy mommy."

1 comment:

Diana Lesjak said...

Tell Hadley... Meme sure loves candy too! Are the kit kats all gone??