Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Time

As most people know, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I LOVE decorating the house and have to force myself to wait (if I had my way it'd be up all year round!!!) I did good, waiting until the week before Thanksgiving. Hadley REALLY, really wanted to help mommy, which resulted in eight hours of headache and bickering with the girls, attempting to decorate the house. This year was rough but next year it should be better with some actual help happening. I forsee it being a great tradition since, thus far my kids love lights as much as I do : ) I'm not sure how or why but Hadley decided to use the stockings as socks??


The girls and I went home for our annual Chicago trip. We made it in town early because I had to take the day off with Gweny having a fever so we hit the road early. We made it in time to go to the Santa parade, leaving Gweny at home with Pawpaw to cool off.


Aunt Jess and bubba. Mason had no clue what we were waiting on or why we were in the cold but he hung in there like a trooper.



Then, Hadley saw the beginning of the parade and was soooo excited!!!


Too grown up...


Santa made his arrival on a horse drawn carriage...I love small town life :)


My husbands first Christmas ornament, which is of course mine and it is made out of wood from my grandpas tree.


A few of the sights around our house...


We luckily have five stocking hooks and four stockings up which frustrates Hadley because she thinks we are missing one for Parker -I of course always planned on a family of five so we have an extra, matching stocking downstairs for next year :)



The girls "helped" decorate their trees. For some reason their strategy was to put as many on one branch as they could. We decorated them before they went up on the dressers so when they are up and lite it is harder to "play" with the pretties!!!


For some reason my children love these Nutcrackers...they talk to them, dance with them, and of course break them but as long as they are having fun!!!!


I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Diana Lesjak said...

It all looks so festive!! Merry Christmas little Goins family... may all your wishes come true~