Monday, December 19, 2011

Visit to Santa

So after so much talk and anticipation, Hadley and Gweny went to see Santa tonight!! They were so excited and had so many things to ask Santa for...UNTIL, we got in front of Santa. Hadley stayed back, pushing Gweny forward and starting to slowly melt down. So I put Gweny up on his lap, where she froze. Hadley starts screaming, "after Gweny, after Gweny." So I tell Santa Hadley's request, make-up and games...all the while she is crying. So the photographer gets all worried, "Is this okay." Mark and I look at each other and say, "Heck yeah, this is priceless- take it quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So here is our experience with Santa. After the picture was taken, Gweny didn't want off of Santa's lap, even though she's terrified and Hadley had to have a twenty minute debriefing because she was so traumatized he didn't hear what she wanted. It was actually fantastic, and I love my husband for helping with the chaos and just rolling with it. He tried so hard to make Hadley feel better afterward, it was so sweet. Enjoy:


PS- A great Santa, all was natural!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Diana Lesjak said...

Ha... great picture with Santa... or Satan, as Molly called him in her wish list note!! I have so many pics like this from my own kids~ It will get better!