Sunday, August 28, 2011

Findlay Balloon Fest

My brother-in-law's company helped sponsor the Hot Air Balloon Fest in Findlay so I got the crazy idea to drive straight up there from Cincinnati with the two girls by myself after working all day. Yes, I was tired but as you will see in the pictures it was DEFINITELY worth it and I already look forward to it next year. They had about 44 balloons and it cost absolutely nothing to get in and minus the chaotic parking really was great.

These three girls are goofy. If you look closely Hadley is holding Mae's hand.


No clue what they are doing.



My grown up Gweny.



Little Man looking so freagin cute!!



So happy, just staring at the sky.



Of course, when we got there I was starved, ditched the kids with Jessica and Doug and headed to get food which had LONG lines. So I waited, hungry and tired and just my luck they launch all the balloons when I'm twenty yards away and didn't get to see the kids' reaction which was the whole purpose.


These bumble bees had names, but I forgot to be honest.


Bri and Cyle made it with their kids and there was a spontaneous dance party.



At some point we had the silly idea of giving the children ice cream...like I said silly. Wait till the after faces...


Gweny couldn't get enough but I'm not sure how much she actually ate because most was on her face.


Even Mya got in on the goodies :)


Somehow after eating all the leftover fried food that we had Mason even had the ice cream and came out with this mug shot.


Mae was shy about her mess.


This is a fashionable pose.


Work the camera Cayden!!! He loved the chocolate.



After playing in the massive, overpopulated playground we waited for the balloons to come back for the glow.


Mason looked all cute then you have the girls having a wrestling session.


And we waited...getting more and more restless.


Since I was parked, literally a mile away and it was only me with the girls we headed back to the car before the glow got underway. So I attempted to catch pictures on my way to the car...


The girls absolutely loved this part, trying to help with the count down. It was a worthwhile evening even though I think I had to recover for the entire weekend which continued to be busy. On the way home I was dying for pop so had to do a McDonalds run which resulted in my children eating nuggets and fries at ten o'clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: