Monday, February 20, 2012

Adjusting

On Thursday my dad brought the girls up to the hospital to see "Baby Parker" as Hadley calls her or "Park" as Gweny calls her. Hadley wanted to hold her the second she got in the room. She just dotes over EVERY move Parker makes. Mom, "she goes like this, hehe."
"Mom why does she do this?"
"You are beautiful," she said to her.


She looks so much bigger now. So responsible as a big sister of two. She was so worried if Gweny touched her and would say, "careful sissy, don't do that to baby Parker." So beautiful to watch.





This visit Gweny wasn't as interested in "Park." She was just kind of a hot mess, but that can be expected. The strangest this is how BIG she looks. Just two days before she had the baby features. I could still see baby in her hands, her little nose and her mouth. NOW, she is SSSOOOOOOOOOO big!!! She is absolutely huge and it breaks my heart a little bit, in a good way. Her shirt conveniently says "I'm the big sister :)"


Gweny didn't want to hold Parker this time, but was concerned she wanted some chippies. Hadley wanted me to wipe her hand after every chip she ate so she didn't get baby Parker dirty. She even asked me to feed them to her so that she wouldn't chance still having some on her hands. How is she possibly that sweet?


It was this moment that Mark and I saw it. We put the paci in and were freaked out because we saw Hadley. So we've officially decided that her top half, nose and up is Hadley. Her bottom half, lips and chin are Gweny. (So ultimately top half is Mark and bottom half is me). HOW CRAZY?!?!?!?!


I will never get tired of seeing my husband fall in love with his girls. There is no better feeling. I cry just typing it. He and I stumbled into our first parenting experience but nothing fits him better than a newborn baby girl...


So Parker and I had issues with breastfeeding in the hospital. Well, mostly Parker. She was officially placed on the "Sleepy Baby Treatment Plan." How ridiculous I know...basically she was too tired as well as not interested in breast feeding. Now at the time this was a BIG deal that involved a lot of emotional issues for me. I breastfed the other two without problems or concerns. Parker was going to be able to do it (In my mind that's what I was saying). She however, had other plans. After over two hours with the lactation consultant we realized she is "just a tough baby." I started pumping and giving her a little formula with my goods to get her through this "phase" (so I thought it was a phase, until my milk came in). Well now she's realized how easy the bottle is and I can barely even get her to latch...plus I'm learning the benefits of pumping and bottle feeding. It's a whole new level of freedom. Do I miss the bonding...yes. Is this more practical with two kiddos running around and me being alone in the evenings with Mark working long days. Yes. Much more practical. So I've had my cries...and now it's okay. I joked with Mark she definitely does have Hank in her because she is stubborn (The middle name is Henry- my Grandpa- without the R). She just has to live up to that Hank in her which I may regret ;)


We brought the same outfit for Parker to come home in that Hadley did. Only the hat didn't look so darn big on Hadley's big old head!!


We made it home for her and I to get a nap, wake up to the girls being home, grab a quick dinner and call it a night. The next morning my parents had gotten the girls around and I slept till her next feeding, so about 9. When I came out they yelled, can we see Baby Parker mom?!?! Like it was Christmas morning. So we spent some time loving on Parker together...



Her feet with Gweny's, too stinking cute :)


I still can't believe Gwenyth is now the middle child...she may not know that quite yet...


Got a crying shot because she is naked. Otherwise she is literally the quietest little baby. Only squeaking when it's time to eat and getting a little annoyed with coldness...

More to come :)

No comments: