Thursday, February 16, 2012

Parker Heny Goins

What a day we had yesterday. Parker's Birthday was such an eventful day. We got to the hospital at 7:00 with drugs started by 7:45. Then we waited, and waited, and waited :) I got my epidural around 12:30 because my doctor was supposed to return around 1 to break my water, but that's not how it went. I continued to work on her on my own, with a random resident breaking my water finally at 4....then I quickly went from 6 cms to READY!!!! Her heart rate started dropping so the oxygen went on and Dr Froehlich was called to come!!! Next came two pushes, then a half push and loud pop (literally) and Parker!! I won't share the pictures right away because there was an abruption so waaaay more blood than anyone wants to see! Parker Heny Goins came out at 5:22 PM, weighing 7lbs 12 ozs, 21 inches long and CRYING loudly!


She was so unhappy to be out of the warm happiness...


Getting her statistics, check up and foot prints :)


Keeping in tradition, Daddy got footprints on his shirt which he won't wash and will save forever.


A shot of me laughing apparently...Dr Froehlich and my final nurse Andrea (they were playing switcheroo throughout the shift- I think I had three seperate ones).


My doctor helped clean me up and get changed, he really is just a good guy that worries about his patients. Apparently Parker made his night easy, he was picking up Chinese for his wife on the way home. Already helping people out at only an hour old!


I think she's giving me a crazy eye...


Mark's sister caught this shot. A proud Daddy and happy Mommy :)


The chicken scratch on the right side was "bets" on when Parker was going to join us. There was a gap from 5:15 to 5:25 and she came in that window.  Mark says House wins so by default we were right. My mom's guess was until 5:15 and mine started at 5:25, so technically it was only three minutes from my guess :)


Last second cuddles before the big sisters come in to meet Parker.


They were slightly overwhelmed...saying hi to Grandma BeBe before even seeing Mommy.


I look super awkward, but my legs were still numb!!! Gweny was so curious, calm and nice...very strange for her. Sissy she called her and kept saying "I hold, I hold."


The just wanted to touch her...


Next we moved to the Mother/Baby Unit where they got to watch sissy get a bath.


They were so curious and concerned...


We were anxious to see what color the hair was once it was washed up and no longer bloody. The verdict...light brown, with blond tips and an auburn tint. So a little of EVERYTHING?!?!


Hadley wanted to see and watch over her sissy. She told the sitter when she got dropped off, "Sissy came out of mom's belly, the doctor got her out and WE get to keep her!!!!"


Everytime Parker cried Gweny said "sssshhhhhhhh" and if anyone else talked she shushed them...and said "sissy crying, sissy awake, sissy need food (attempting to give her a graham cracker?!?!?!?!)."


Hadley was fascinated by the pain scale...whenever Parker cried she said "she's right there mommy."


Then showed us her horrible pain!


Parker loved her hair being washed, the rest of the bath was miserable for her...


Gweny was slow to warm up to me but then wanted to watch with Mommy.


Again, I apologize for my legs which stayed numb until 3 AM?!?!?! Our family of five :)


Today was the day of chaos with tons of doctors, providers, and photographers. We forced her to be fancy with a dress and hair band...She was cold!!


She's so content when she is swaddled.


We forced her to be girlie again :)


My little hairy butterfly.

More to come with all the visitors....

1 comment:

Diana Lesjak said...

Congrats... she is adorable! Love her hair! Rest up! Can't wait to meet her in person! Now get moved back home!!